Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Four Situations (and smileys)...

...Two of which end happily and two of which end fairly sadly.

Here they are:

1) I turned 2 heels at once with minimal difficulty. Hooray! :-)

2) I started the Christmas socks last night at a knitting program. Unfortunately:
I) I tried to start them on only 64 sts when I needed 72, so I had to fix that.
II) I forgot that dk-ing may result in extra loose stitches, so who knows if the sock will turn out right. Waa! :-(

3) I discovered at lunch today that I did not have all the size 0 dpns in my bag for knitting on the gray sock, which I think is almost ready for the heel flap. Waa! :-( (But see the bottom of the post; there's good news, actually.)

4) I bought more sock yarn-2 balls for $4.80 plus tax. Hooray! :-)

However, I just realized, as I was typing, that the fourth dpn is not gone/missing/lost/recruited by the one-who-shall-not-be-named. Well actually, that third, no, fourth option is not accurate at all except for the recruiting part; I had recruited it last night to help with transferring two long-tail cast ons into dk-ing position and I hadn't knitted it out yet. Oh...

Soon to come:
Look for another review of a different sock yarn and a couple observations made while reading EZ's Knitter's Almanac. (They are mistakes; I have an unfortunate tendency to be picky about details.)

Happy Knitting (or other fiber art)
~Arachnera

No comments: