Monday, September 10, 2007

Exactly 5 days until the wool gathering!

The Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs, Ohio takes place next weekend. Unless something goes drastically wrong, I hope to be there. (Note to self: Remember Robert Burns quote: "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley.") What have I been doing?
Well, knitting group at the library is tonight. I have done some work on the Snowdrop Shawl, but I think I'm about 1-2 repeats from the approximate halfway point on the edging.

I started socks of my own design, but based on the cable pattern in Sensational Knitted Socks in KnitPicks Essential Tweed Marina on size 0 needles. My feet are approximately size 7 1/2, and these socks are 77 stitches around in the leg and I believe about 68 in the foot. They are tight and rather difficult to get on. My fingers are itching to start another sock, but I am trying not to. I also have an unfinished pair of socks in Parade.

I have a pair of gloves that has lain in UFO status for probably almost two years now, due to the fact that I do not like knitting glove fingers. I detest the task. However, I have started double knitting the middle finger. Maybe there is hope for these socks.

While I was one a mysterious blogging hiatus, I made a nalbound potholder. It felted out circularly, but the shape was something of a septagon/heptagon before it was complete.

I have started school again. I am running the school newspaper, which is a deal of work, but will not figure prominently in this blog. I do not have my USB cable, so I cannot give you any pictures.

A miscellaneous question:
Why are some Dixie Chicks songs labeled "Explicit" on Yahoo music? I suppose I can understand "Goodbye Earl" but what is with "Cowboy take me away" and all that?

Am I rambling? Good then, now I'll stop.

No comments: