Thursday, December 06, 2007

Letters, part I

Note: Arachnera's Web apologizes for bringing you the message that there will be no pictures today. Sorry.

I realized that I have been neglecting my blog, and neglecting to update my Runagogo totals yesterday but was unable to post. Note that these letters are not meant to be taken seriously.

Dear Knitty,
Why in the world do you have to offer such wonderful sock patterns, and so many of them, too? I have "queued" all the sock yarn I own, and I have dozens of sock patterns, including my own ideas yet to knit! Please, Knitty, don't publish any sock patterns for a season or two, so I can catch up on my sock plans! On second thought, though, what if you substitute beautiful hat patterns or something?
-(*Not so*)Sincerely,
Arachnera
P.S.: And why did you have to post that article about spinning!? You're making me want a currently unattainable Kromski wheel even more.

Psst! The winter Knitty is up! Go take a peek. Sock patterns-check. Jeanie-check. Ice Queen-check. Aoife-check. (And no, for those of you on Ravelry, I will not add these to my queue [this is my problem word. I can't remember how to spell it. Along with plateau.])

Dear Ms. Pearl-McPhee:
Regarding: Second Sock Syndrome

I am afraid you seem to have neglected to mention my type of second sock syndrome in your book Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off or else I have a combination of types. I suffer from an unwillingness to complete and/or cast on the second sock and sometimes wait so long after completeing the first sock that I forget what exactly I did on it to copy on the second sock! Why, I have about 60% of a pair of Meida's Socks done, and about 52% of my Austrian socks and exactly 49.5% of a pair of socks based off Charlene Schurch's cabled socks in Sensational Knitted Socks, but the pattern of my own devising, based off a Barbara Walker stitch pattern.
Oh! Sorry, Ms. Pearl-McPhee. This is not at all your fault. I just have to develop stick-to-it-ness.
Apologies,
Arachnera

No comments: