Friday, August 29, 2008

...and school uniforms, with lots of socks

Guess what?

...


...


I took a picture of my "disastrous" error in Aearlinnod last night as I started some more tinking, and forgot to grab the camera! So, no pictures!

I'm a bit fed up with school uniforms, and I'll tell you why:
For the last 6+ years, I've had to wear either blue or khaki bottoms and light blue, red (originally pink), or white tops. This year, once more, involves uniforms: navy, khaki or black pants (and pants only, no skirts whatsoever, or shorts, or skorts, or whatnot) and light yellow, light blue, white, royal blue, or navy blue (I think) tops. School starts Tuesday.

I figured out today that I have more than 400 items in my Ravelry queue!

Anyway here's all the socks in progress, descending needle sizes:

  • U.S. 5's: Wearable Art Socks (my first fair isle style knit)
  • U.S. 4's: Open Lace(6) from SKS
  • U.S. 3's: Arrow(8) from SKS
  • U.S. 2's: Spiral Boot Socks from Interweave Knits Summer 2007
  • U.S. 1's: secret sock project that is my own design. will not be pictured. May submit it somewhere.
  • U.S. 1's: Oriel(12) from SKS
  • U.S. 0's: Mock Wave Cable Socks from Favorite Socks
  • U.S. 0's: Charade
  • U.S. 0's: "Estonian" Socks from the Vogue Knitting Ultimate Sock Book (different from the ones in Folk Socks)
  • U.S. 00's: DKed socks
  • U.S. 00's: My own design in Sock-Ease
That adds up to: 11 sock projects. My, my, my, my, my. My, oh, my, look how the time flies, look how the world changes in the blink of an eye, my, oh, my, see how the years have gone, see how the hmmm-hmmm, my, oh, my. Sorry there. I reminded myself of a song.

No comments: