Thursday, December 28, 2006

Last of '06

Indeed, this will be the last post of 2006. I have a new picture I designed for the blog, but we'll have to see how it look with the blog design and whether I can get it up.

A couple items of interest:

  • My half blog-i-versery is coming up soon, so I am going to try for a special post then.
  • I finished Wheelie and made the following progress from Thursday, December 21 (I think?), 2006 to Sunday, December 24, 2006:
    • 1 knitted headbands
    • 3 double thick potholders and 3 dishcloths that go with them. (Patterns coming soon!)
    • A hat (I had a bit of help with this one-look below!)
    • The heel of the "Christmas Socks"
    • The last 1 1/2 repeats of Wheelie steering wheel cover
    • Two batches of Christmas cookies (I actually worked with a family member to make these, though.)
    • A surprise, which I will tell you about in a bit.
  • I managed to injure my right wrist enough to warrant its being wrapped in an Ace bandage or a wrist brace for Friday evening, most of Saturday and part of Sunday. How did I do this? Well, I knitted 3/4 repeat on Wheelie, maybe a couple repeats of the pattern, the heel flap and the heel on the "Christmas Socks" (Which weren't finished for Christmas...) and the knitted headband (Pattern 17? from Family Circle Easy Knitting Holiday (or) Winter issue '05.) on Thursday. And I made all three potholders, finished Wheelie, and started a dishcloth, on Friday. I did manage to finish the dishcloth on Saturday, but that was about the only knitting I did all day. (I did do a bit on the hat, but that was done on the yellow Knifty Knitter loom from ProvoCraft. ) Anyway, I didn't take proper breaks on Thursday or Friday, plus I typed some, so I managed to put my wrist out of work. (As for the current status of my wrist, other than a bit of discomfort caused by slightly lingering effects or the current effects of typing and/or the condition of the skin around my wrist, it's pretty much fine. And in case you didn't know, I happen to have a skin condition called atopic dermatitis which means that my skin is usually itchy and/or dry and I have to put lotion and medications on my skin to help it not be so itchy and dry. It is especially bad is winter.)
  • The surprise: One of the Christmas presents was a quilled picture frame. What's quilling? It's the art of creating curls with paper.. oh, never mind, just go to the site I got when I googled it, since I can't explain very well. This site came up, and like the author, I used regular colored paper cut to size with scissors, regular school type glue and a toothpick to do the quilling. However, I didn't use construction paper, rather pastel copy/printer paper, and I managed to make a split in half a toothpick so it can be used like the one type of quilling tool. I designed the picture frame myself, and one of these days, if I can get it to work, I might be able to get the picture up. I just took up quilling, and as such, although it doesn't look terrible, it doesn't look perfect either. (It does not make it look better that I cut the strips myself and they aren't all of perfectly even width.)


I'm going to give you the first meme of this blog, the one The Keyboard Biologist had on her blog (Link on sidebar) in a bit, but I'm going to try to get up the picture first.

(Added Later:)

The Meme:
6 weird things about yourself:

1.) I am, as the Keyboard Biologist is, phone-o-phobic.
2.) I have been known to read books about prime numbers, irrational numbers such as pi and phi, and quintic equations. You can see that I like math. I know this many digits of pi: 3.1415926535897.
3.) I scrapbook some, but I can't explain why in the world it's appealing and although I admire the abilities of the Cricut, would rather have a Kromski.
4.) I have a tendency to avoid certain books and then later think they are the best thing in the world. I refused to check out a Barbara Walker Treasury at the library at first, but for some reason I got curious and now I don't want to return the books to the library whenever I check them out!
5) I have an enormous number of pairs of socks I want to make. Probably over fifty pairs.
6) My belief on the matter of Darwinism: It is totally false and the scientists who try to prove it are wasting there time. As an advocate of creationism (I'm not famous, and I don't travel around doing it, but if you try to tell me Darwinism is true, I will give you reasons why it can not be. Try it in the comments!), I have read several books on the matter, and must conclude that evolution can occur, but does not change animals from one species to another. (But this isn't really weird, so next thing:)
6{actually weird}) I used to like to read computer manuals and books, and possibly still do.
By the way, I forgot to put the rules in!
Rules: (From the Keyboard Biologist Knits, the site where I got the meme)"Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
I don't know six people to tag, but I'll try my best and tell you in a bit.
I tagged Jen at Knitpicker. I would tag the Yarn Harlot, but I think she would be too busy to answer the meme. I see if I can figure out a couple other people. I'm afraid I have to go and probably won't be back till 2007!

See you next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to be tagged :) Thanks!