Friday, March 16, 2007

I wish I were knitting

Or crocheting, or tatting, or spinning, or almost anything. But I'm not. And I haven't been. I seem to have come down with some sort of cold-like virusy illness. I haven't knitted in several days. I am finding the Basketweave Socks frustrating because the pattern should not be so difficult as to need the book, but I have trouble remembering the number of rows or whatever. The Harebell socks are at a standstill.

Today I got to looking again at spinning wheels and looms on the web. I've read comments on Knitter's Review on many types. I love the look of the Saxonys, but I can stand castle wheels, also. It has nothing to do with how they spin, but I don't care for the look of Louet wheels. It seemed that several people or at least one recommended that if you get one wheel and only one wheel, you should get a Lendrum. Frankly, I find them only slightly better in looks than the Louet wheels.
It does seem odd that you would base your decision on what a spinning wheel looks like, but I think I would consider that right under Is this wheel well suited to me? Does it have the capabilities I want? I mean, if you are going to be looking at something every day, you might want something you like the looks of.
I love the looks of the Kromski wheels. I'm not sure which one I'd get though. I'd need to try them out. Which I haven't done, and I haven't spun on a wheel for a long enough period of time to be able evaluate a wheel properly. I like the Schacht wolf looms ("Schacht" is one of those words, like "borchst" [spelling] that I either never know how to pronounce it or never think I pronounce it correctly.), but their spinning wheels are sort of out of my price range.

DISREGARD ANYTHING IN THIS POST THAT SEEMS DUMB OR WEIRD. Due to my cold/virus, I am suffering from "dumb brain"

No comments: