Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dies ist Wetter für Enten.

I beg of you, look at this forecast for my region! This is nothing but weather for ducks. Unfortunately, the Austrian socks have not been given much time, so there is little progress. On the flip side, I apparently made a good deal of progress in the two weeks between my first two piano lessons (No, they are not supposed to occur every other week, but there were certain circumstances that lead to this this past week)

If anyone chances to be reading my blog regularly, they may have noticed that I was promising a pattern for Crest of the Wave socks. Unfortunately, Charlene Schurch beat me too it. So really all I did was combine a technique I learned from EZ (oddly enough, I really don't believe that technique was the one that she was trying to teach), the "Chevron Patterns for Self-Striping Yarn" skeleton, a pattern that both I and Ms. Schurch (in all likelihood, now don't quote me on Ms. Schurch) pulled out of stitch treasuries, and my variation on the toe. So, I will not be giving complete directions, just a quick and dirty chart to show you my modification, a few numbers, and my notes on the heel and toe.

I do have some other sock design ideas, though.... Including ones inspired by the musical compositions featured in my titles (Die Blaue Donau the Blue Danube, which seems to be working out, and In der Halle des Bergkönig In the Hall of the Mountain King, which looks like it will require some tinkering, both of which are twisted stitch designs)

As for Runagogo, I haven't updated my progress meter lately, but I haven't been walking that much, either, and I'm not sure how I might accomplish that in this rainy weather. We'll just see...

No comments: